Tuesday, November 1, 2011

In the beginning...

Welcome to my railroad world. I'm new to the world of model railroading, and am developing a small N scale railroad based in the Pacific Northwest, specifically western Washington. I thought I would try my hand at keeping friends and family up to date on my experiences through a blog so here it is. I'll add pictures and comments as I get more comfortable with the concept and process of blogging.

I started this journey shortly after Christmas 2010. I had put up a small oval on top of the fireplace for Christmas and decided I wanted more. I tried for the family room, but was pointed toward my office. I measured the area I needed for computer desk, book cases, and filing cabinets. What was left was enough to design a 41"x86" layout on wheels so I could move into the room when I wanted to work as a rail mogul and roll it against a wall when not in use. My hope is to have the basic layout completed in time to show it off at our annual Christmas party, so I had best stop typing and get back to putting down scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment